3-Hour Excel Automation Boot Camp: Top Ten Excel Functions Lookup Functions (VLOOKUP HLOOKUP MATCH INDEX) Basics of Excel Macros with an Introduction to VBA
This training session covers 3 intermediate to advanced features of Excel that provide automation within the application. Formulas are equations that can perform calculations, return information, manipulate the contents of other cells, test conditions, and more. Explore what is considered the top 10 functions. Lookup functions are far superior to manually searching for specific data elements in a spreadsheet. VLOOKUP, HLOOKUP, INDEX, and MATCH are some of the most well-known (and most useful) functions in Excel being able to create and edit macros is one of the must-have skills for Excel Power Users. Having this knowledge will save you hours by allowing you to automate any Excel-based task or process. If you’ve never created macros or used VBA before, this webinar is for you.
Excel functions can greatly enhance your ability to perform tasks in day-to-day activities in Excel. While there are hundreds of functions available, there are 10 functions that all Excel users should know. Whether you are an office worker, a small business owner using Excel to keep track of your finances, or just a casual user, these Excel functions can be very important time savers, and enhance your ability to create better-performing spreadsheets.
Learning about the lookup functions will allow you to match data between databases. VLOOKUP enables you to quickly and easily look for value down a column of data and return a value from the same row in a different column. Perfect for when working with large tabular data. INDEX and MATCH work in a similar way but provide more flexibility.
You’ll learn how to create a macro the easy way by using the built-in macro recorder. You’ll then progress on to learn how to make simple changes to a macro using the built-in programming language called VBA.
- Learn many statistical functions including SUM, AVERAGE, MAX, MIN, and COUNT
- Use IF and its counterparts COUNTIF, SUMIF, and AVERAGEIF
- Calculate dates using TODAY, NOW
- Learn many functions to manipulate text once imported including LEFT, RIGHT, LEN, TRIM, and CONCATENATE
- Learn the arguments in the VLOOKUP function
- Understand the importance of absolute references within many lookup functions
- Use VLOOKUP to perform approximate matches
- Simplify multiple-field look-ups with concatenation (combining fields into a single cell)
- Use VLOOKUP to lookup data from another workbook
- Learn how VLOOKUP stops looking after it finds an initial match within a list
- Explore why VLOOKUP sometimes returns #N/A instead of the desired result
- Learn about the IFNA function available in Excel 2013 and later Use the IFERROR function to display something other than an #N/A error value when VLOOKUP can’t find a match
- See how the HLOOKUP function enables you to perform horizontal matches
- Learn why the INDEX and MATCH combination often is superior to VLOOKUP or HLOOKUP
- Use the MATCH function to find the position of an item on a list
- Learn the difference between workbook macros and personal macros
- Making your macros available to all your workbooks
- Use the macro recorder to create a macro
- Save a file as a macro-enabled Excel workbook
- Run a macro
- View the recorded macro in VBA
- Edit the macro
- Business owners
- Financial consultants
- IT professionals
- Human Resource personnel
- Anybody with large amounts of Data
- Anybody who uses Microsoft Excel on a regular basis, and wants to be more efficient and productive
We enhance global compliance, where quality and compliance professionals, regulators, and government agencies come together to help the world comply with the intent and the spirit of laws, policies and mandates, ensuring continuous improvement in global operations, quality & safety. Our interactive training sessions could be beneficial to corporations thriving in industries such as pharmaceuticals, drugs and chemicals, FDA compliance, medical devices, packaging and labeling, food and beverages, banking and finance, audits and inspections, recalls and crisis management and learning portal devoted to advancing quality learning through conferences and online training (webinars & webcasts) Making sure that we are responsible corporate citizens helping our constituents build a more responsible enterprise, one which operates with high quality , under a code of ethics, and with process discipline.