Basic Accounting and Finance for the Human Resources Professional
To strengthen the value of human resources in any company, HR professionals need to know the language of business, and that includes the financial components that have traditionally measured business progress and success. This course is designed to help
you do just that.
Even if you’ve never taken an accounting or finance course, this webinar will give you the foundational understanding you need to improve your partnership and support of your internal customers, namely operations, sales, marketing, executives, and more.
You’ll learn how the valuable work that you do in HR ties in directly with the overall success of your company. And, you’ll be able to partner more closely with other functional leaders
Human resources are no longer the outdated-but-upgraded “personnel” department. As a full-fledged business function, it is imperative for HR professionals to understand basic accounting and finance terms, concepts, and metrics. Foundational knowledge of this nature is essential to the overall success of any human resources department, especially in its partnership with internal customers, executive leaders, and other stakeholders. In this webinar, Melveen Stevenson, an HR expert with an accounting background, will focus on the basics of accounting and finance to help build your knowledge and understanding. She’ll walk you through the core accounting equation, explain the primary financial statements, and review key terms that will quickly get you up to speed. You’ll walk away with confidence in your abilities to be conversant in the “language of business” and be able to strengthen your skills in HR with enhanced abilities to understand the meaning behind the numbers.AREA COVERED
- Learn about the importance of being able to speak the basic language of business
- Understand terminology that will help you become a more valuable business partner
- Learn and deconstruct the fundamental accounting equation and what it means
- Understand the primary financial statements, including their purpose and how they work together
- Be more conversant with executives and department leaders
- Conquer any trepidation you have about learning accounting and finance
- Human resources professionals at all levels
- HR professionals participating in cross-functional work teams
- Anyone with budget responsibilities for HR departments and projects
- Anyone in business who wants to understand the basic language of business
We enhance global compliance, where quality and compliance professionals, regulators, and government agencies come together to help the world comply with the intent and the spirit of laws, policies and mandates, ensuring continuous improvement in global operations, quality & safety. Our interactive training sessions could be beneficial to corporations thriving in industries such as pharmaceuticals, drugs and chemicals, FDA compliance, medical devices, packaging and labeling, food and beverages, banking and finance, audits and inspections, recalls and crisis management and learning portal devoted to advancing quality learning through conferences and online training (webinars & webcasts) Making sure that we are responsible corporate citizens helping our constituents build a more responsible enterprise, one which operates with high quality , under a code of ethics, and with process discipline.