What You'll Learn: Course Objectives
Students who attend Java 8 Programming for OO Experienced Developers will leave this course armed with the required skills to develop solid object-oriented applications written in Java, using sound coding techniques and best coding practices. Geared for developers with prior OO development experience in languages such as C++ or SmallTalk, this course will teach students everything they need to become productive in essential Java programming.
Working within in an engaging, hands-on learning environment, guided by our expert team, attendees will learn to:
• Understand not only the fundamentals of the Java language, but also it’s importance, uses, strengths and weaknesses
• Understand the basics of the Java language and how it relates to OO programming and the Object Model
• Learn to use Java multi-threading and exception handling features
• Understand and use classes, inheritance and polymorphism
• Understand and use collections, generics, autoboxing, and enumerations including new Java features and capabilities
• Work with the logging API and framework that is part of the Java platform
• Use the JDBC API for database access
• Use Java for networking and communication applications
• Work with annotations
• Understand and work with the classes in the concurrent package
• Outline the options for GUI applications in Java
• Take advantage of the Java tooling that is available with the programming environment being used in the class
Specific Java 8 features that are covered in the course include:
• The new Date API
• Lambda Expressions
Experiential Learning: Hands-on Labs
This course is about 50% hands-on lab and 50% lecture, with extensive programming exercises designed to reinforce fundamental skills and concepts learned in the lessons. Our courses include ample materials and labs to ensure all students are either appropriately challenged, or assisted, at all times – no matter their skill level.
Throughout the course students will be led through a series of progressively advanced topics, where each topic consists of lecture, group discussion, comprehensive hands-on lab exercises, and lab review. This course is “skills-centric”, designed to train
attendees in essential object oriented, Java development skills, coupling the most current, effective techniques with the soundest coding practices.
Who Should Attend: Audience & Pre-Requisites
This is an introductory- level Java programming course, designed for experienced programmers with prior hands-on Object Oriented development experience in languages such as C++, C# or SmallTalk.
Let our team bring yours up to speed with the latest application design, development, testing and security technologies, from requirements gathering through advanced applications development. Whether you need to acquire an advanced skill to tackle a complex project, or simply want to jump into programming fundamentals, we can easily tailor and deliver a program that best suits your business needs.
We're focused on helping you meet your development goals. Combining solid training materials with an exceptional instructor provides a great foundation for a successful learning event. Properly assessing your specific needs, training goals, past experiences, expectations and expectations of your team just about guarantees that success completely. ...