This two-day class is designed around a small conformed sequence that you can take away. We will work through the project from start to finish not only looking at Resolve, but also using general colorist strategies.
What You Will Learn:
- Starting with dailies. Grade a look for editing from the RAW camera files
- Making a LUT, exporting LUTs and Looks
- Render ProRes or DNxHD for offline editing, H264 for the web
- Export and XML/AAF from Premiere. How to roundtrip successfully
- Conform the ProRes in Resolve using the XML, it’s not correct what can we do?
- Bring in audio .wav then compare the conform with the offline reference movie
- Swap to the RAW camera files
- “Conform v Bake”, what are the pros and cons of each workflow?
- Where do we start the grade?
- Primary grading. 3 way color corrector, Curves and LOG grading
- Look creation. How to preview a look through the whole timeline using the split screen mode
- Plugin FXs, is this for the Colorist?
- Advanced secondary grading, keying, window tracking and animating
- VFX shots inserted into the timeline
- Fix audio and Optical flow issues
- Using the new RGB node
- External mattes, how do they help us?
- Finish Render out to 709/DCP
Each student has their own workstation.
Two-day intensives are from 10am - 5pm.
Manhattan Edit Workshop offers a full range of courses, from the Avid, Autodesk, Blackmagic, Assimilate and Apple products to the complete suite of Adobe applications.
Our signature Six-Week Intensive is a jump-start for anyone looking for a career in editing. Learn Avid, Premiere Pro, and After Effects, work with top editors, and create a professional reel to let your talent speak for itself.
Weekend and one-week classes introduce and solidify the core concepts, while custom one on ones let you set your goals at your own pace.
Corporate and group training customizes a curriculum, either in-house or on-site, for professionals eager to learn a new skill or to build on an existing one.
Our instructors are working professionals, as well as certified Avid, Blackmagic, Assimilate and Adobe trainers. A maximum teacher to student ratio of 1:6* ensures individualized attention and allows students to work at their own pace.
All classes are split between lecture and hands-on exercise-so you'll be cutting on your own edit system from day one.
Please email or call us at 212.414.9570 to discuss the class that is right for you.
* Teacher to student ratio does not apply to some of our specialty and masterclass workshops ...