****One lucky winner in our September 2018 class will receive a $50 Amazon gift certificate. Winner will be picked first morning of class.****
The phrase ‘adopt and adapt’ is often linked to the ITIL framework but what does it mean? Adopting ITIL involves committing to a service-oriented, customer-focused culture. Adapting ITIL involves striving to understand its practices, why they are recommended, and then applying critical thought to continuously adapting those practices to your organization’s circumstances, needs and goals.
The ITIL Foundation course enables IT professionals to learn the basics of IT Service Management (the what) and the business value of well-designed and delivered services (the why). Leveraging candidates’ existing ITIL knowledge, and based on a new publication – ITIL® Practitioner Guidance – the ITIL Practitioner course goes beyond the what and the why and provides practitioners a methodical way (the how) to use the ITIL guidance to improve whether by introducing new or by changing existing services or processes.
Throughout this sixteen (16) hour case study-based course participants learn about and then apply nine guiding principles to the planning and implementation of service improvements. Participants also gain a practical understanding of how three critical competencies contribute to improvement initiatives.
- The critical competencies covered are organizational change management, communication, measurement and metrics
- ITIL Practitioner incorporates good practice from other methodologies and frameworks such as DevOps and Agile, and builds on these to bring a new perspective therefore adding value to ITSM improvement initiatives - which are not covered in the existing publications and certifications
- Learners are equipped with a comprehensive toolkit to be used after the course
Why take this course?
- Goes beyond the what and the why (found in ITIL Foundation and in the ITIL Intermediate courses) and provides practitioners a methodical way (the how) to use the ITIL guidance to improve whether by introducing new or by changing existing services or processes.
- Uses the ITIL CSI Approach as a structure for making improvements. Also introduces nine guiding principles and three critical competencies.
Course / Student Materials:
- Access to ITSM Academy's Learner Portal - my.itsmacademy.com - extends the classroom experience with online content and tools
- Digital learner manual (excellent post-class reference)
- Learner Personal Action Plan
- Sample documents, templates, tools and techniques
- Study aids and sample exams
- Access to additional sources of information and communities
- Sixteen (16) hours of instructor-led training and exercise facilitation
- Participation in GAME ON! An Interactive Learning Experience®
- Participation in unique exercises designed to apply concepts
- In-class exam preparation
- Exam voucher for open book examination (The exam can be purchased along with course seat or at a later date closer to your preferred exam date)
- ITIL Foundation Certification
- Read ITIL Practitioner Guidance (strongly recommended and is NOT included in the course fee)
Certification: Successfully passing (70%) the open-book 2 hour and 15 minute open book exam consisting of 40 scenario-based, multiple-choice questions leads to the ITIL Practitioner Certificate. The ITIL Practitioner Guidance can be used to take the exam. The ITIL Practitioner exam can be purchased along with course seat or at a later date closer to your preferred exam date.
This is an open-book exam. Candidates are authorized to:
- Use an annotated copy of the ITIL® Practitioner Guidance official publication during the open-book examination (hardcopy or printed PDF)
- Loose-leaf papers are not permitted
- Use of the ITSM Academy Learner Manual is not permitted
- Tabulate sections of the official publication, however, tabs must not contain any written notes
- The book is NOT included in the course fee. The book is available for purchase from our ITSM Bookstore.
ITIL Expert: Earn 3 credits of the 22 required to achieve the ITIL Expert Certification.
Project Management Institute (PMI®) Professional Development Units: ITSM Academy is recognized by PMI as a Global R.E.P. Project Management Professionals earn 16 contact hours or PDUs upon completion of this course.
Learning Objectives for this course include being able to:
- Use IT Service Management concepts that are important drivers of continual service improvement
- Apply the nine guiding principles of IT Service Management to the planning and implementation of service improvements
- Use the Continual Service Improvement (CSI) Approach and its associated tools and techniques to manage improvements
- Apply knowledge of three critical competencies when planning and implementing improvements
- Metrics and measurement
- Organizational change management
- Every process owner, process manager, SMO leader, ITSM Program Manager
- CSI Manager
- ITSM project teams
- ITSM Architects
- Business Process Improvement teams
- Anyone entering into or who has completed an ITIL intermediate course and wants to more effectively apply what they have learned
- Individuals and teams seeking practical guidance on how to adopt and adapt the ITIL framework in support of business objectives
- Individuals and teams who want to better understand how to use the CSI approach to structure any improvement initiatives
Instructors: As with all ITSM Academy training, our instructors are all ITIL Experts and have years of hands-on IT practitioner experience, enabling them to effectively intertwine theory and real-world stories and scenarios. Utilizing the highest quality content, this training style encourages active group participation. Alumni complete class prepared to pass the exam, but more importantly, with a wealth of practical knowledge.
Classes Held In:
- Live, Virtual Classroom: Log in with the instructor and the other students - no travel!
- Available through our Courseware Licensing Program
- All ITSM Academy courses, including this one, can you presented at your location - Contact Us, or phone 954. 491. 3442