This webinar is designed to outline compliance with ACH Returns and help take the “confusion” out of doing ACH Returns. Identification of the ten most commonly used Return Reason Codes and their timeframes will be discussed. The Return process can be complicated, this session will include details on when, how, and why when doing Returns to remain in compliance with the NACHA Operating Rules. Included will be an overview on the “entire” Returns Process (including timeframes and Return Codes), from your General Returns to Extended Returns, Dishonored Returns, Contested and Corrected Dishonored Returns. The ACH Return process – will be explained utilizing multiple examples to demonstrate.
- Define commonly used ACH Return Reason Codes
- Outline the specifics when returning ACH Entries regarding timing and any necessary paperwork that needs to be included
- Provide details on the opportunity available for “Faster Returns” should the RDFI choose to do ACH Returns on the same day as settlement date
- Provide details on the entire Return process to include Dishonored and Contested Dishonored Returns
- Describe the Stop Payment process and what it means for both consumer and corporate accounts
- Identify what an unauthorized transaction is and how this helps you when returning unauthorized transactions
- List the steps to the entire ACH Return Process – defining each step to remain in compliance with the NACHA Operating Rules
WHY SHOULD YOU ATTEND
Doing ACH Returns can be confusing and frustrating. Each day in ACH operations, there are Entries that need to be returned, whether it’s NSF, Stop Payment, unauthorized or even authorization revoked. This session will identify the Rules and take the confusion and frustration out of doing ACH returns and remaining in compliance with the NACHA Operating Rules. Same Day ACH (SDA) has also changed the ACH Return process (if you select to do your returns same day as settlement date), this session will include discussion outlining the details on “faster returns”.
Common ACH Return Reason Codes will be discussed with time-frames, paperwork needed and any other details pertinent when processing the ACH return Entry.
Examples to outline the process will help bring the learning home.
- Describing the ACH Return Process in Detail
- General Returns and Extended Returns
- Dishonored Returns and Contested Dishonored Returns
- RDFI Warranties when doing Extended Returns
- Timeframes for each step of the ACH Return Process
- How Same Day ACH (SDA) can affect the ACH Return process
WHO WILL BENEFIT?
- Financial Institution Professionals (New/Current Operations Staff)
- Banking Operations Managers and Staff
- Compliance and Risk Professionals
- Treasury Management Professionals
- Aspiring and Current AAPs (Accredited ACH Professionals)
- Payroll Processors
- Company / Business Owners (Originators)
- Banking Managers/ Supervisors
- Third-Party Service Providers and Third-Party Senders
- Audit and Compliance Personnel / Risk Managers
Donna K Olheiser, AAP, is the vice president of Education Services and founder of Dynamic Mastership, LLC. She is an enthusiastic and energetic Certified Master Trainer with over 14 years' training experience. She has designed and facilitated over 100 training sessions each year with her expertise being the rules for companies and financial institutions when processing electronic (specifically ACH) payments, then scheduling the events to facilitate and deliver the material through a variety of venues (webinars, teleseminars, in-person workshops, including regional and national conferences).
Her extensive knowledge, enthusiasm, and passion for transferring payment processing knowledge using the adult learning theory is remarkable and has helped many payment professionals perform daily operational tasks including exception processing while remaining compliant with the NACHA operating rules. She uses scenarios and examples to bring the learning home, easy to comprehend and apply to real-life day-to-day ACH processing. Ms. Olheiser's ability to engage the learner through the entire training event helps the adult learner apply what they've learned during and after each training session.
She has over 24 years of experience in the financial services industry which includes 9 years' experience as the education service director at a Regional Payments Association (RPA), where she managed and facilitated the entire education program for nearly 800 financial institution members. Prior to that, Ms. Olheiser spent 14 years in various departments with the Federal Reserve Bank of Minneapolis and also holds the Accredited ACH Professional (AAP) designation (achieved in 2004).
Use Promo Code RSKPM and get flat 10% discount on all purchases
For more detail please click on this below link:
Email: [email protected]
Toll Free: +1-510-868-1040
We enhance global compliance, where quality and compliance professionals, regulators, and government agencies come together to help the world comply with the intent and the spirit of laws, policies and mandates, ensuring continuous improvement in global operations, quality & safety. Our interactive training sessions could be beneficial to corporations thriving in industries such as pharmaceuticals, drugs and chemicals, FDA compliance, medical devices, packaging and labeling, food and beverages, banking and finance, audits and inspections, recalls and crisis management and learning portal devoted to advancing quality learning through conferences and online training (webinars & webcasts) Making sure that we are responsible corporate citizens helping our constituents build a more responsible enterprise, one which operates with high quality , under a code of ethics, and with process discipline.