The SRE (Site Reliability Engineering) Foundation course is an introduction to the principles & practices that enable an organization to reliably and economically scale critical services. Introduces a range of practices for improving service reliability through a mixture of automation, working methods and organizational re-alignment. While fit for all who are interested in site reliability, this course is tailored for those focused on large-scale service availability.
The course highlights the evolution of SRE and its future direction, and equips participants with the practices, methods, and tools to engage people across the organization involved in reliability and stability evidenced through the use of real-life scenarios and case stories. Upon completion of the course, participants will have tangible takeaways to leverage when back in the office such as understanding, setting and tracking Service Level Objectives (SLO’s). Read our What is SRE whitepaper here.
The course has been developed by leveraging key SRE sources, engaging with thought-leaders in the space and working with organizations embracing SRE to extract real-life best practices and has been designed to teach the key principles & practices necessary for starting SRE adoption. Come ready to participate in lively discussions about improvements, benefits and challenges.
The learning objectives for SRE Foundation include a practical understanding of:
- The history of SRE and its emergence at Google
- The inter-relationship of SRE with DevOps and other popular frameworks
- The underlying principles behind SRE
- Service Level Objectives (SLO’s) and their user focus
- Service Level Indicators (SLI’s) and the modern monitoring landscape
- Error budgets and the associated error budget policies
- Toil and its effect on an organization’s productivity
- Some practical steps that can help to eliminate toil
- Observability as something to indicate the health of a service
- SRE tools, automation techniques and the importance of security
- Anti-fragility, our approach to failure and failure testing
- The organizational impact that introducing SRE brings
As with all ITSM Academy training, our instructors have successful track records as IT professionals and bring that acumen into the classroom. Utilizing the highest quality content, our trainers blend their real-life experiences into lively classroom discussion.
Trainers for this course are seasoned professionals, hold multiple DevOps, Agile and ITSM industry certifications and have successfully completed ITSM Academy's SRE Train-the-Trainer Program.
|Tue, Wed, Thu, Fri||10:00 AM — 03:00 PM|
|No. of Days:||4|
We are a certified woman-owned small business, established in 2003. ITSM Academy provides IT Service Management (ITSM) education and advice in public, corporate onsite and virtual classrooms. We've built our model so that our training is interesting, interactive and sustainable. Our business values are founded on trust, loyalty, professionalism and long term relationships. ...educate and inspire is not just ITSM Academy’s corporate slogan, it speaks to our core mission and goal.