Have you ever said to yourself: "I'd like to learn programming, but where should I start?”
There are an overwhelming number of options that are available to those who want to learn. Introduction to Programming is designed to give you the foundation skills that will prove important for any type of programming you want to do. You’ll learn to code web pages, create a mobile application and use external data sources. (Mobile covered in Level II of the course)
This course, which includes video lectures, lab exercises, and full program code will prepare your for entry level jobs in development-- or simply make you comfortable with code and confident in more advanced study.
As you build a portfolio of skills, you’ll also build a portfolio of completed projects that can be used to demonstrate your new skill sets.
In Level I of the course we focus on foundations-- The things that all developers need to know to be successful. With each passing chapter of the course you'll learn new skills and demonstrate them in a lab exercise.
This program will introduce participants to all of the following technologies:
- HTML5 and CSS: Construct the visual aspects of web sites and mobile applications with this language pair
- Python: You’ll learn the basics of coding and programming logic using the Python programming language
We Created Introduction to Programming For You
If you've been considering learning to code-- or have tried before and it didn't quite take-- then this course is for you. We're not teaching a random programming language, but, instead, laying a professional foundation with the skills today's programmers need to know.
A mix of lecture and activity, this course is designed not just to expose you to important topics for new coders, but to help you retain the information and immediately put it to use.
Comprehensive and Efficient
Introduction to Programming is designed to provide a comprehensive introduction to the programming field. However, we know you're busy and don't spend time on unnecessary theory and background. You'll complete the course in just a few weeks worth of evenings-- however the lessons will stay with you through out your programming career.
You'll learn by doing in the Introduction to Programming program. This course includes multiple projects to help you understand and remember what you're learning. Here's just a few of the projects you'll complete:
Restaurant Review Web Site: Post your favorite restaurant reviews on your own site
MP3 Player: Play your favorite music
Responsive Design Web Site: Make a web site work across multiple sized screens
Interest Calculator: Figure out how long it will take you to get rich
Magic 8 Ball: Make those truly important decisions
Web Services Project: Get data from an external source-- They key to many apps
Over 500,000 Students LearnToProgram
You'll be among our community of over 500,000 students who've learned programming from one of our LearnToProgram courses. With over 250,000 students online, we've learned a few things about teaching people-- And those lessons are injected in to Introduction to Programming.
We're looking forward to seeing you in class!
Who is the target audience?
- Beginners who want to learn to code
- Teachers and Students
- People at the Beginning of Their Coding Career
- Windows or Mac
- Web Browser (Free)
- Python Software (Free)
- Text Editor (Free)
- What is HTML5?
- How to Display HTML5 Code in a Browser
- The Tool to Use for Coding
- How HTML5 Documents are Structured
- Displaying Paragraph Text with HTMl5
- Displaying Heading Text with HTML5
- Displaying Lists
- What is CSS and How is it used?
- How to Apply CSS Styles
- Adjusting Font and Font Size
- How to Style Lists with CSS
- How to Use Classes and ID's
- Creating Internal and External Hyperlinks
- Displaying Images on a Page
- Playing Audio on a Page
- Playing Video on a Page
- How to Assemble and Code an MP3 Player
- Understand Basic Table Structure
- Understand Complex Table Structures
- Design a Table with CSs
- Obtain User Input
- Create Online Forms
- Accept Information in the Form of Numbers, Dates and Colors
- Create Form Dropdowns
- Create Submit and Reset Buttons for a Form
- Create Generic Buttons
- Create Radio Buttons and Check Boxes
- Style Forms with CSS
- Use the CSS Box Model
- Understand How to Create Borders, Background and Margins
- Understand Static, Fixed, Relative and Absolute Positioning Models
- Create Floating Elements
- Understand Responsive Design
- Apply Responsive Design for Mobile
- Use a Responsive Design Framework
- Write a Procedural Program in Python
- Run Python Command LIne Code
- Obtain Command Line Input in Python
- Output Strings with Print
- Output Expressions with Print
- Create Variables
- Use Input Statements
- Understand Programmatic Decision Making
- Use Simple and Complex If Statements
- Create While Loops
- Create For Loops
- Create Break and Continue Statements
- Understand the Role of Functions in Coding
- Create Parameterized Functions
- Create Functions that Return Values
- Create List Structures
- Create a Dictionary Data Structure
- Understand File Input/Output
- Write to a File
- Read in From a File
- Work with CSV (Comma Separated Value) Data
- Work with Dates in Python
- Work with Regular Expressions in Python
- Complete Basic Networking in Python
- Download and Parse XML
Phone no: 5108496155
Click to Continue Reading: https://www.simpliv.com/search
Registration Link: https://www.simpliv.com/developmenttool/introduction-to-programming
Simpliv Youtube Course & Tutorial : https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCZZevQcSlAK689KbsrMvEog?
Facebook Page: https://www.facebook.com/simplivllc