First Step Coding
First Step Coding
8-week Bootcamp Prep
SQL Crash Course
This is a highly tuned, fast-paced program. At the end of just four weeks, you'll be able to:
- Build a simple front-end for a dynamic web application that loads data from an API.
- Think algorithmically and problem solve like a programmer.
- Communicate more effectively with your technical co-workers.
- Start automating some of your repetitive tasks at work.
You will be immersed in a hands-on approach to learning, and you'll be writing code with us from day one. Rather than lecturing you, we'll show you brief demos and then give you opportunities to apply new concepts through progressive challenges.
Bootcamp Prep is an 8-week part-time course designed to help you accomplish these goals:
- Find out for sure if you truly enjoy coding and show promise as a developer
- Get admitted to a top bootcamp to further sharpen your skills & become a software engineer!
This course is divided up into a series of three modules. You have the choice of completing your Core Training in-person or online. The remaining modules are only offered online.CORE TRAINING: 4 WEEKS (IN-PERSON OR ONLINE)
- Meet two evenings per week in a classroom with a 5:1 ratio of students to teachers.
- Get live support from instructors during class & office hours.
- Learn to develop like a professional using VS Code
- Master debugging in Chrome Dev Tools
- Delve deeper into intermediate topics with an additional guest lecture
- Build an interactive front-end for an API-driven web application in a final capstone project, with opportunities to add your own creative features
- Complete a mock bootcamp interview with an instructor to receive your official Bootcamp Readiness Score & next step recommendations
Every business professional interacts with and consumes data on a day-to-day basis. The data you need to make decisions often comes from many places: spreadsheets, CRM reports, analytics tools, and company/customer databases. In many cases, SQL knowledge will greatly improve your ability to capture the information you need to make fully informed business decisions.After this Course, You'll be Able to:
Run SQL queries to spot and analyze trends
Generate reports to share with management and drive business decisions
Make forecasts based on historical data
Stop relying on engineering, operations, and analytics partners to extract data out of business intelligence systems (e.g., Salesforce.com, Redshift, Oracle, MySQL, etc.)
Level up in your current role, or use your skills to help land a sales operations, business operations, business analytics, marketing operations, marketing analytics, product manager or other highly analytical / data-driven role